Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snowing to Beat the Band

Whatever "beat the band" is supposed to mean.
This is a great day to stay home! I was up at 6:30, there wasn't even a hint of snow. At 7:30 there was no snow. Our Wednesday breakfast get together was a go, so out I went, and it was just starting to snow. I cleared maybe five inches of snow off the car at 10, came home. By 11 there was about a foot of snow--in three hours!!!!
The plow got here shortly after 11, cleared the driveway and parking area, and now, by 12:30, there is another4 or 5 inches, and it is still snowing.
I started a fire in the fireplace, have a book, coffee, snacks.....I'm all set.
[Maine story: I hadn't really heard the expression "I'm all set" in such common use until I got to Maine. Then, I heard it promoted to another plane when a waitress told me, while taking away a nearly empty plate, "You're all set."]

No comments:

Post a Comment